Crafts and Beyond

Live ,laugh,love

Saturday, January 29, 2011

CCC#29 Weathered Wood


Can't believe it's Saturday again and I'm rushing again to get my entry posted for the challenge this week over at StudioL3. This week Linda has chosen Weathered wood as the challenge. The instructions can be found on page 50 of Tim's Compendium Curiosities Book . I did my weathered wood on the sign using a CB folder distressed stripes . Can't give too many details as this is the rule . Enjoy the Journey was stamped on acetate and attached with glossy accents.

http://studiol3.blogspot.com/2011/01/compendium-of-curiosities-challenge-29.htm




Thanks for visiting

6 comments:

minnie_mac said...

Great piece. Love all the elements.

Marilyn

Wendy said...

Great job. I love the photo's you've chosen for the film strip.

Shelann said...

Nice weather wood along with the other details.

Maggie said...

Lovely work love the colour choice

Maggie

Sharon said...

Your "wood" sign came out nice. Same technique we used for the haunted house tag when I was at your place?
Have to get that folder!
Sharon

Linda Ledbetter said...

This is a FABULOUS homage to the Journey, Marilyn! I love the vintage feel of this piece and the weathered wood grunge is so perfect for the little hanging sign! Great stamping, too, and the filmstrip gives it a sweet, nostalgic feel. Wonderful!!!