Crafts and Beyond

Live ,laugh,love

Saturday, December 5, 2015

Happy Winter

Thought I'd share another card I made recently . I got my inspiration from a posting on Pinterest . I masked off the bottom of my white cardstock with post it note sponged the edge with Stormy Sky DI to get the illusion of snow drifts and then sponged the top with Spun Sugar DI and Stormy Sky DI . The trees Heartfelt Creations Magnificent Spruce Trees -HCPC 3432 which I stamped in Versafine Smokey grey . The Deer Trio is Obsession Impression dies. I distressed the edges of the card and sponged with Stormy Sky DI and then layered on a piece of c/s sponged with Stormy Sky DI. then  attached to the white card base. I added star dust stickles to the trees and punched same stars from glitter c/s. To finish I flicked some watered down acrylic paint with a brush over the top of the trees and sky .

I'm entering my card in the following challenges:
Simon Says Wed. Challenge --Let it snow 
Dies R US Challenge #38--Christmas
Country View Challenges #34 Create a Scene


Thanks for dropping by .  Hope you enjoyed my card

10 comments:

Glenda said...

Your card is lovely! Thanks for joining us at Dies R Us for the Christmas challenge!

Darlene said...

Just beautiful! Love the scene you have created! Great job! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘CHRISTMAS’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

P.S. DID YOU KNOW? A friend and I have a new challenge blog beginning in 2016. Please check it out. Double D Challenges

Pamellia said...

Oh wow, what a gorgeous scene!! This is just as pretty as a postcard! Love all the trees and those sparkly stars in the night sky, so serene! hugs :)

Sharon said...

Marilyn: I really liked this card when you showed it to me.It is such a peaceful scene and you did a great job with the winter sky. I like all those glittery stars too, and Impression Obsession makes the nicest deer dies. Sharon

Daniele said...

simply stunning, love the sky
hugs

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Marilyn! The scene you've created is so elegant and pretty.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx

Candy C said...

Marilyn, I love your beautiful card! Love the soft white and silver/grey color palette. Those stamped trees are beautiful and your sweet little deer die cuts are a great touch.ove the wintery sky you've achieved with the silver twinkling stars. And finally, it was the perfect finish to create a grey frame against the white card stock to frame your art. Just beautiful!

Lynn Stevens said...

Stunning card Marilyn, I love the muted tones in your background!
Hugs Lynn

weim house said...

Beautiful! Always love winter scenes with deer! Thanks for sharing and inspiring! Merry Christmas!

Sue said...

This is beautiful Marilyn, I love these gentle colours. Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge at Country View Crafts, and have a very merry Christmas. Sue xx